News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • USB PRINTER As Unspecified device

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Questions: How to troubleshoot hardware problems USB PRINTER As Unspecified device

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vincenzo 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

fpefpe
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello — just installed a new epson printer on my
      win10 system —- it seems from apps that print I can find and
      print to the printer, but I look at setting -> devices -> printer

I don’t see the printer listed there, but if I look at

control panel -> devices and printers its listed as Unspecified device

Is there a way to correct this? Thanks

fpefpe

• #2004505 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss
    • #2004509 Reply

fpefpe
      AskWoody Lounger

thanks for the info —

fpefpe

• #2005007 Reply

Vincenzo
      AskWoody Lounger

Have you installed the Epsom software, or just using the built in driver?  Try the Epsom software.

• #2005158 Reply

fpefpe
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello — Thanks for your reply —  I used the software suite that came with the printer — as noted in the instructions,  I did not connect the printer to the computer (via usb) until the epson software told me to connect it — when that did not result in the print  winding up in the  devices -> printer & scanners  setting section, I  call epson support — they had me reboot the computer and unplug the printer a few time and also uninstall the  “driver” and  re-install it but that did not result in the printer in the regular section for devices — it still winds up in

control panel  ->  devices and printer -> unspecified

section

fpefpe

• #2005843 Reply

Vincenzo
      AskWoody Lounger

This sounds to me like a driver problem.

When Epsom support had you uninstall the driver, did you actually uninstall the whole Epsom suite? I’d would suggest trying that.

and during that process I would try as a test, using just the Windows built in driver. When the Epsom software is uninstalled, plug in the printer and see if Windows recognizes it and it works correctly.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Vincenzo.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: USB PRINTER As Unspecified device

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.