News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Using Google Photos – Windows 10 Pro & 2 User Accounts

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Using Google Photos – Windows 10 Pro & 2 User Accounts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mn– 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

anonymous

I am considering Google Photos for cloud storage. I have questions regarding sharing with other users. On my Windows 7 laptop, I just put everything in Public folders so all users had access. My new Windows 10 Pro laptop has 2 User accounts in addition to the Admin.

I have tried to research how Google Photos works online. The best I can tell is that if I put photos in using my account(email), I can list the other user email to allow viewing from that account. My user account and Admin have the same email address, so I guess these will work together.  The other user will then have to add my email to cover anything they put in from their account – or are they able to add  to “my” account when they have access? Are the photos stored in different Google Photo accounts depending on who puts them in? Is the storage calculated for each separate Google account? Also, if I want to email a photo that was put in by the other user, am I able to do that if I have viewing access to their account? In a nutshell, I guess I just want to know if 2 people can use 1 Google Photo account – would everything have to be done via one email address?

Thanks for the help!

• #1879414 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Is the storage calculated for each separate Google account? Also, if I want to email a photo that was put in by the other user, am I able to do that if I have viewing access to their account? In a nutshell, I guess I just want to know if 2 people can use 1 Google Photo account – would everything have to be done via one email address?

Regarding Google Photos storage : Storage is unlimited for good enough quality: unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16MP and 1080p HD. You do have the option to store at higher resolutions, but the storage counts against your Google Drive quota.

Regarding sharing/access for multiple users, read : https://www.quora.com/Can-Google-Photos-be-set-up-for-family-access-multiple-read-write-accounts

• #1879501 Reply

mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

… yeah, and full-frame HDR DNGs are a good way to fill up your Google Drive.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Using Google Photos – Windows 10 Pro & 2 User Accounts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.