Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Utilities-Backup: EaseUS Todo Backup

Posted on EspressoWillie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools Utilities-Backup: EaseUS Todo Backup

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  EspressoWillie 7 months ago.

• Author

EspressoWillie
      AskWoody Lounger

I thought I would start my series of utilites with, in my opinion, the most important… Backups. I’ve been using EaseUS Todo backup for a looong time. The free version is great for general backups and has a simple “System Backup” button to backup your boot partition and main partition (in case they are different). It can do a regular or sector by sector backup with compression (and encryption if you like). Todo backup creates one resulting file that you can open up using windows explorer, in case you need to grab a file or two. Very handy.

This program has saved my bacon many times over the years which is why I haven’t looked into other backup products lately. For my business laptop, I use the Todo Backup Workstation version as it gives you additional features like cloning disks. They have trial versions of all their software for you to try.

As an example, when helping a friend get an inexpensive computer, we pick out something that has a reasonable processor, bit of memory and slow hard disk. Then buy new memory and an SSD (as they are cheap these days).  Then use the Todo clone function to, well clone to the SSD. It has an option to optimize to an SSD drive. You end up with a reasonable computer for limited funds.

You can find the free version at https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

Cheers!!
      Willie McClure
      www.datarim.com
      Talk's cheap, takes money to buy whiskey.
      1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Utilities-Backup: EaseUS Todo Backup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.