News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Various .NET Frameworks EoS date

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Versions in question for EoS are .NET 4.5.2/ 4.6 and 4.6.1

Came across an article which informs .NET Frameworks 4.5.2, 4.6, and 4.6.1 will reach end of support on April 26, 2022.
        Note: Beyond this date, there will no longer be security updates or technical support for these versions. More info from the MSFT .NET blog – by Jamshed Principal Engineering Manager, .NET

NOTE for Windows 7 ESU and Windows 8.1 users
        You might want to consider moving to .NET framework 4.6.2 or greater soon or prior to the EoS date.
        .NET 4.8 is available via WU to make things easier for Win7/Win8.1 homeusers.
        Yes it’s nigh on a year away but memory fades….

| Quality over Quantity |
        4 users thanked author for this post.
        Sky
        AskWoody Plus

On Windows 10, and this might work for earlier versions too, you can check what .NET Framework version you have by navigating in the Registtry Editor to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP. From there, select the latest version (probably v4), select the Client key, and look for the Version value.

The are other ways to find your version, but this is probably the quickest way. There’s an excellent article on Windows Central explaining the various ways, but I’m blocked from posting it again.

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
        1 user thanked author for this post.
        maisy2
        AskWoody Plus

Thank you very much for letting us know! I have NET 4.6.1 for my Win7 pro, but installing .NET 4.6.2 won’t have me searching out newer quality rollups and v2’s I think as the KB files are conveniently .NET 4.6 – 4.7.2 (.NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 ) – Ndp 47?
        As I find Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer) Published: 7/20/2016

Regarding .NET 4.8 for win7 or win 8.1 (Last Modified: 1/9/2020), will i need to seek out various .NET Quality Rollups with version 2’s (v2)?
        Can I rely on Windows Update to come up with missed .NET 4.8 updates + v2 files for Win 8.1? I have previously hidden .NET 4.8 downloads.
        Thanks very much πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Various .NET Frameworks EoS date

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.