• Verizon Cell hotspot device?

Home » Forums » Tech Accessibility » Verizon Cell hotspot device?

Author
    Topic

Verizon makes a device that provides a cell signal over a short range, like within a house. It connects to a home network via an Ethernet cable (and a power adapter), and once that’s done (not sure what’s entailed in configuring it, if anything) a cell phone is then capable of getting enough signal to use it.

I have 2 friends who have these. Apparently, Verizon actually provides this for free (if you can talk them into it) if you have a Verizon cell plan, but can’t get any bars where you live (which is the case with the 2 aforementioned friends.)

When I try to find info on this device from the Verizon website, all I can find is info on how to use a Verizon cell phone to create a WiFi hotspot, NOT to use a home network to create a cell hotspot.

Can anyone here provide any further info? I think one needs to be armed with as much info as possible beforehand to be able to communicate my wishes to a Verizon phone rep (who are often clueless about anything but the basics).

TIA

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: Verizon Cell hotspot device?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: