News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Version 1903 working great, even with Avast

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1903 – May 2019 Update Version 1903 working great, even with Avast

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Philomene123 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

tartar
      AskWoody Plus

I installed 1903 on a 3 year old Dell laptop, a 4 year old Acer laptop, a 6 year old Dell desktop (also running Avast security software) and a 3 year old Lenovo laptop. All installed without a problem and have been running flawlessly since installation. A miracle?

• #1847242 Reply

Philomene123
      AskWoody Plus

Hmm. Lucky you! It’s probably time for you to buy a lottery ticket! LOL

• #1858973 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

well Philomene123, OP did not say which version of Avast was installed but yeah lucky him.

by the way, Avast has just released version 19.6 which IS fully compatible with 1903

• #1859152 Reply

Philomene123
      AskWoody Plus

well, I’m afraid the 1903 version will kill my old Asus ROG. 🙁 I defered the upgrade as long as possible. I don’t have time to invest for getting more infos about the cpu, sandy bride, and 1903, but apparently, there is some incompatibility… 1809 is working great by the way. I cross my fingers. I desinstalled all AV on my w10 devices. Every upgrade was honky.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Philomene123.
      • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Philomene123.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Version 1903 working great, even with Avast

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.