News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Video and Audio Problems during Teams Video Meetings

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Video and Audio Problems during Teams Video Meetings

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        tfw
        AskWoody Plus

I have a user with a 2 yr. old Dell Latitude 5480 running a Core i5-7440HQ CPU and 8 G RAM. OS is Win 10 and there’s plenty of fre HD space.  Whenever the user is in a Teams video call her screen will flicker on and off and the audio is garbled, both when she tries to speak and when those on the other end try to speak. It’s unintelligible.  Same thing happens when she is on a Zoom call. I have gone through this laptop and have updated the drivers and it’s still throwing up these problems. Audio and video work perfectly otherwise. I have other users with the same brand of laptop and configuration and they are not experiencing this problem. If anyone has any ideas I would truly appreciate hearing then. Thanks!

• #2293162 Reply
        mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

First thing I’d check is network health. Losing data packets will do that.

Might be something non-obvious like jitter instead of straight-up packet loss too – realtime video and audio get problems if data arrives out of order, even if straight-up large file transfers get good average speed.

(Reminds me of the time, years ago, when a former workplace’s customer was somewhere in the more humid areas of Asia during the monsoon season and the lines got wet…)

• #2294071 Reply
        anonymous

Thanks mn. I’ll look into that.

• #2296719 Reply
        tfw
        AskWoody Plus

Just an update. The person’s supervisor has decided to replace the laptop with a new one. Our department (IT) will then get this one which we can use for other purposes. Thanks all who took the time to read this and reply.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Video and Audio Problems during Teams Video Meetings

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.