News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• VLC 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 automatic updater issue

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 VLC 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 automatic updater issue

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        CADesertRat
        AskWoody Plus

Video Lan has an automatic update issue to get to ver. 3.0.14 on Windows. Read about it here:

VLC

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
        All W10 Pro at 21H1,(2 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

1 user thanked author for this post.
        E Pericoloso Sporgersi
        AskWoody Plus

Video Lan has an automatic update issue

I’ve always updated VLC manually. (Tweakers.net ((Dutch)) reliably and promptly reports updated versions).

But I’ve experienced issues with VLC itself. Jumping 10 seconds forward or backward was annoyingly bad. This made me downgrade to 3.0.12 to restore normal and smooth skipping 10 secs back or ahead.

CADesertRat
          AskWoody Plus

But I’ve experienced issues with VLC itself. Jumping 10 seconds forward or backward was annoyingly bad. This made me downgrade to 3.0.12 to restore normal and smooth skipping 10 secs back or ahead.

I haven’t used it since the upgrade so I haven’t noticed any skipping but I hope it’s not a universal problem with 3.0.14.

CADesertRat
            AskWoody Plus

I have now used it for a saved YouTube video and the video played just fine with VLC player. I have seen a number of complaints referring to the skipping etc. but so far it’s not doing that for me.

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Video Lan has an automatic update issue

I’ve always updated VLC manually. (Tweakers.net ((Dutch)) reliably and promptly reports updated versions).

I have a copy of VLC portable but my PC’s video/audio player in MPC-HC portable.
        Both updated manually.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: VLC 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 automatic updater issue

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.