News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • W10 GUI change?

Posted on Microfix Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Rumors and what-ifs W10 GUI change?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Microfix
        Da Boss

Are MSFT possibly dropping the live tiles from future versions of W10 in favor of, what looks to me on first impressions like, the gnome 3 Fedora Workstation look?
        no disrespect to fedora intended 🙂

screenshot

more info over at:
        https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/02/24/windows-10-start-menu-live-tiles-report/

Win7 Pro x86/x64 | Win8.1 Pro x64 | Linux Hybrids x86/x64 |
        Attachments:
      • #2170707 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

that is the start menu from Windows 10X. No live tiles. Also, no indication when this may come to Windows 10 devices other than new hardware such as Duo and Neo.

--Joe

• #2170941 Reply
        anonymous

“The redesigned Start menu would be similar to Windows 10X’s Start menu, but the UI will be tailored for desktops.”

So from the article suggests not only is it 10x but a view to change Windows 10 also.
        Let’s hope they do change the GUI from it’s current ‘fisher price’ look, it’s dated. Although using third party GUI changers such as openshell, startisback, start menu 10 and others is another option.

• #2171586 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

No doubt Windows 10’s own telemetry has shown Microsoft the popularity of live tiles by the numbers of users who have found ways to switch them off or remove them altogether.

I use a single custom live tile (that shows me at a glance my current data transfer – WiFi v Ethernet – see Add Data Usage Live Tile to Start in Windows 10 for more info.)

All the rest of the live tiles have long since gone as irrelevant nonsense (to me).

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: W10 GUI change?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.