News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • W7 Clean-up tool

Posted on RMeijer Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 W7 Clean-up tool

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        RMeijer
        AskWoody Plus

My Dell XPS8700 turns out to be riddled with “Services designed to give multiple 3rd parties a variety of access modes providing multiple varieties of RCE  still there and ready for external triggering.  In killing off the services and associated programs I’ve stumbled on what appears to be a useful tool.  It is https://www.shouldiremoveit.com
        any comments?

• #2088233 Reply
        Microfix
        Da Boss

Looking at some of those ghastly culprits I’d say that’s not too bad a list, however, if there are any that you are unsure of, type ‘services’ in your Win7 search box and just disable that service, and don’t uninstall should you need the program in the future.
        If you need some of them, check for program updates also is my advice even though they are still stitting in storage on ice.

Win7 Pro x86/x64 | Win8.1 Pro x64 | Linux Hybrids x86/x64 |
      • #2088293 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

My Dell XPS8700 turns out to be riddled with “Services designed to give multiple 3rd parties a variety of access modes providing multiple varieties of RCE  still there and ready for external triggering.

Who’s verdict was that?

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (chump/pioneer)

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: W7 Clean-up tool

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.