News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • WAN miniport issues

Posted on Rusty1963 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 WAN miniport issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rusty1963 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Rusty1963
      AskWoody Lounger

My computer updated yesterday and I have just noticed that the WAN miniport is tagged with issues.

I tried my usual trick of uninstalling and restarting in the hope that they would update but the issue remained.

On a separate but (maybe) related note my Logitech 920C webcam does not work. Uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers.

Reinstalling was an issue, software told me that it needed 256 Gb RAM which is impossible, also said that the PC is not up to spec (Kaby Lake 3.6 GHz/32Gb RAM/NVidia 1050 Ti 4Gb) – also impossible.

Connecting the camera plays a sound in windows but the camera software says it isn’t connected.

I’m completely stumped.

Help?

Graphic design, Animator, Moviemaker, Editor and Photographer. Amateur computer techie.

Attachments:
    • #216301 Reply

Rusty1963
      AskWoody Lounger

The Webcam works fine on my Lenovo think pad which doesn’t come close spec wise.

Graphic design, Animator, Moviemaker, Editor and Photographer. Amateur computer techie.

• #216493 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Try deleting all the WAN miniport devices and re-booting, then check to see what has been re-installed.
      If you right click on ones with an exclamation mark you should be able to see a description of the error.

Webcam
      What version of Windows is on your PC and laptop?

Other Device Error
      What is the error on your Virtual CloneDrive?

cheers, Paul

• #1900514 Reply

Rusty1963
      AskWoody Lounger

Thanks Paul, I have been having issues today and in my search for the cause, I found out that it was my privacy settings that would not allow the camera to work….

My bad, took me a long time to figure it out.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: WAN miniport issues

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.