News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Want 7GB of extra disk space?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Want 7GB of extra disk space?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        WSmross
        AskWoody Lounger

If you have a new laptop or have recently installed Win 10 or reinstalled you may find that you have very little disk space to play with.

Microsoft have decided to reserve about 7GB called ‘Reserved Storage’

But many computers are running without it and it is easy to disable. I now have 10GB free on my 29GB T100TA but this should work for anyone.

Open an elevated command prompt and type

DISM /Online /Set-ReservedStorageState /State:Disabled

to reverse

DISM /Online /Set-ReservedStorageState /State:Enabled

no downsides so far.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by WSmross.
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

So the source of this information is where? (since you have quoted everything)
        Many posts get trashed due to being from undisclosed sources aka ‘scraping’ which is against the askwoody rules

Posts must respect copyrights. If you want to quote somebody, use a snippet with a link to the original source.

Please add your source, thank you.

WSmross
        AskWoody Lounger

Here is one source https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/124858-enable-disable-reserved-storage-windows-10-a.html

It was pasted from my own document but the idea was from a Google search.  So the words are my own.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by WSmross.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Want 7GB of extra disk space?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.