News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • want to leave gmail behind

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function Email programs want to leave gmail behind

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by

Purg2 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hi Y’all!

Have a paid email account(fastmail) but want to leave gmail, live.com, yahoo and hotmail behind…any suggestions for “free” junk email provider?

Yea,Ive had a few accounts since 1985(?)….

🙂

• #242742 Reply

Anonymous

I don’t know of any other free email providers.  However, I use gmail as a junk email provider.  It’s very simple to open gmail accounts and close them at will.  By using 2 factor authentification with a yubico key I feel they are very secure.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #242767 Reply

mn–
      AskWoody Lounger

Well, there’s always GMX. They’re a bit weird, being ad-supported but still supposedly big on privacy (at least sufficiently so as to pass scrutiny under the German privacy laws)… but apparently they make it work somehow.

Haven’t used their services myself though.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #242814 Reply

HiFlyer
      AskWoody Lounger

I use t-online.de a free service with Telekom.  It includes 25gb ‘Magenta’ cloud storage and complies with EU GDPR.   But…..it’s mostly in German.

Searching for “english language free email account in EU” you’ll find quite a few more English ones based in EU, some encrypted (e.g. Proton mail)

Happy hunting.   HF

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #243078 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

E4ward.com

cheers, Paul

• #243081 Reply

Microfix
      AskWoody MVP

Have been using this disposable provider for years!
      https://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/
      Hint: You can extend beyond the 10mins by hitting the refresh button 😉

| W10 Pro x64 1803 | W8.1 Pro x64 | Linux x64 Hybrids | W7 Pro x64/ XP Pro O/L
        Can't see the wood for the trees? Look again!
      3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #243132 Reply

Purg2
      AskWoody Lounger

Being in the same position, I’ve been considering ProtonMail.  Not in a big hurry, perhaps something else will appear.  Good luck to us both.

https://www.toptenreviews.com/services/internet/best-free-email-services/protonmail-review/

Win 8.1 Group B, Linux Dabbler

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: want to leave gmail behind

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.