News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Watch out for returned Amazon merch being sold as "new"

Home Forums Outside the box The Junk Drawer Watch out for returned Amazon merch being sold as "new"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SueW 4 weeks ago.

• Author

MW
      AskWoody Plus

Some of you may already be aware of this.  But if you buy an item and it has a sticker affixed over the UPC that has LPN RR ##### on it, it is an Amazon return.

Here are a couple of links that better describes the situation.

https://live.americanebox.com/Blog/ArticleID/62/LPN-Labels-What-are-they-and-why-does-Amazon-use-them

Tracking Amazon FBA Customer Returns

Poking around the internet I found posts on reddit, other forums, and sites showing third party sellers, and Amazon themselves, reselling this stuff as new.

This isn’t isolated to Amazon.

I just bought a protective case for my new iPad on ebay,  seller clearly stated it was new and unopened.  I got it today, and it was opened.  The factory seal was broken.

And, it had an Amazon LPR sticker on it, covering the UPC.

If it wasn’t for the fact that it is defective, which is why it most likely got returned in the first place, I would have just kept it and left appropriate feedback.

I contacted the seller stating I want to return it for a full refund, and he/she is paying for the return postage.

I await their response…

W7 & W8.1 - Group W (since April 2017)
      Mac Sierra & Mojave - Group A
      Mint Cinnamon - Group A

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  MW.
      2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1954592 Reply

SueW
      AskWoody Plus

@mw, I was not aware of this — thank you! I just purchased an item on Amazon last week that was sold ‘FBA’ and I had noticed that there was a smaller label covering part of the original manufacturer’s UPC label. So I just checked and, fortunately, it seems to be a label affixed by the third party seller, and does not contain an LPN RR number. Phew 😉

I hope the eBay seller reimburses you in full, including return postage. Thanks again for this helpful information.

Win 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit; Office 2010; Group B; Former 'Tech Weenie'

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Watch out for returned Amazon merch being sold as "new"

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.