News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • We just went over 1,000,000 posts

Home Forums AskWoody blog We just went over 1,000,000 posts

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by

access-mdb 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

And the Windows Secrets merge continues…
      [See the full post at: We just went over 1,000,000 posts]

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1582843 Reply

Volume Z
      Subscriber

Is it possible I was that busy lately…?

• #1583755 Reply

HarryH3
      Subscriber

Seems to be taking a very long time.ย  Are you moving the data across a DSL connection?ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

• #1584005 Reply

Bluetrix
        AskWoody MVP

Seems to be taking a very long time.ย  Are you moving the data across a DSL connection?ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

We have two highly trained, dedicated turtles doing the grunt work. Both of them are really tired. The hare’s that tried out for the job couldn’t stay the course in steady fashion.

Everyone here is going through this, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. In a short while most will forget this era of AskWoody ever happened.

Windows10 Home 1809 | Mint19 on VM

7 users thanked author for this post.
        • #1587571 Reply

willygirl
          AskWoody Plus

… “said the tortoise to the hare.” Woody and gang, you rock, and thanks for giving us all a place to seek, fulfill, find refuge, and stay sane in the process. xo

Win7 SP1 Home 64-bit; Office 2010; GrpA/B, when all is said, done and fixed, Mac OSX to help me sleep at night.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1591214 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

There is light at the end of the tunnel! Oh, wait, when did I hear that before?

• #1596195 Reply

access-mdb
      AskWoody MVP

Have we imported them all? Suddenly refresh is much quicker and the reply total has stopped at 1,009,269. Or is this just a tease?

• #1596994 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Just a tease. If the numbers I have are right (and they probably aren’t!) we’re bringing in more than 1 million on top of the 200K that we already had.

• #1597745 Reply

access-mdb
          AskWoody MVP

Well the site’s still faster than it was, and the replies total has increased by 46 since my initial post (probably the replies that have been made today) – so I wonder if the whale ingesting has stalled…

• #1598273 Reply

wdburt1
      AskWoody Plus

The site is dead slow right now, which is how I find it more often than not lately.

• #1598372 Reply

access-mdb
      AskWoody MVP

Looks like the ingesting has started again, the site’s now slower and the reply count is moving up more than the number of replies being posted.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: We just went over 1,000,000 posts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.