News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• We’re sorry, but Outlook has run into a problem…

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run We’re sorry, but Outlook has run into a problem…

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
        dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

I posted on this over a year ago, never got an answer and it’s still happening through several windows version updates : (

Capture-2
        I’ve just been living with it and click “Repair.” But today, I booted up my machine and am now getting this error about every 5 minutes !!!! argh! Does anyone have any answers on how to fix this?? thanks!

Attachments:
        b
        AskWoody MVP

Try the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant:

About the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant

You need to download and install it, but it can fix a bunch of Outlook issues.

Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.985 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Vincenzo
        AskWoody Lounger

What have you tried so far?

dmt_3904
          AskWoody Plus

It’s been OK, so I haven’t done any recent research into it.  I don’t recall what I did a year ago, but nothing fixed it.  I can start researching it again.

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Do you use anything that changes firewall rulesets 3rd party app/utility?
        outbound/inbound worth checking over..

W10, the itch you simply cannot scratch!
          dmt_3904
          AskWoody Plus

I don’t have any third-party apps for firewall.  I am using the windows firewall.  What should I be checking inbound/outbound?

Microfix
          AskWoody MVP

only if you had a 3rd party app/utility that affects the inbound/outbound firewall rulesets. If you have none, then the quest goes on elsewhere/

W10, the itch you simply cannot scratch!
        Vincenzo
        AskWoody Lounger

Here are some things to try, more or less in the order I would do them. But not necessarily.
        You can use Google to get the details on how.

Disable all Outlook plugins
        Repair Office from Control Panel
        Repair the pst files
        Create a new Outlook profile, with just one account, as a test.
        uninstall/Re install Office the pst’s will remain, the imap account files will be recreated
        May need to backup rules and other configuration data first.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Bundaburra
        AskWoody Plus

Three things to try:

1  In case there is a problem with your .PST files, try running SCANPST.EXE.  You should find it in the same program folder as Outlook, and it will offer to find and repair any file errors.  Copy the file first, as a backup just in case.

2  Download and run an external .PST File Viewer (or .OST?).  This will allow you to view the existing contents of a file, including individual emails, from outside of Outlook.  If this program can open emails where Outlook itself cannot, it may indicate something.

3  Have a look at Outlook Tools.   You may find something useful in there.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 20H2

dmt_3904
          AskWoody Plus

The error is still occurring.  It goes away a while. But then it starts occurring every few minutes, on all of O365 apps, depending on what I’m using word excel outlook.

I did an online repair of O365. It failed, with some obscure error code about my Internet connection and something else, which was equally meaningless to me. So I did a complete uninstall of O365, using Microsoft uninstall tool. I reinstalled o365. After using word for about two minutes I got the ”sorry” error again! It is not my version of windows, this has been happening a long time, across many different versions, it is not the O365 software on my machine, it does not occur on iOS. What could it be?  It’s not just in Outlook, it happens when using any of the O365 products.  Any other suggestions?  I think I may have to call Microsoft support : o

ScotchJohn
        AskWoody Plus

I’m not a great fan of ScanPST.  I thought recently that my PST message store had become corrupted.  The output from ScanPST was meaningless.  MS Office (Office 2010) repair did nothing, and, in the end, I concluded that my Outlook 2010 intallation was the problem.  I removed Office 2010, root and branch, and reinstalled.

I’m back where I wanted to be, but that took much of a week.  I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been troubled with this for a year.

Dell E5570 Latitude, Intel Core i5 6440@2.60 GHz, 8.00 GB - Win 10 Pro

dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

Well today I have not seen the error once since I started working on the computer a couple of hours ago!! I have not done anything to troubleshoot.  Yesterday – the error was going off every 5 minutes!! Today – peace and quiet.  I’m happy for that, but what the heck? I guess I’ll work on it when it breaks again.  : |

Viewing 7 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: We’re sorry, but Outlook has run into a problem…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.