News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • What are these preinstalled 8.1 updates from November 2014?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 8.1 Windows 8.1 (and Win 8) patches What are these preinstalled 8.1 updates from November 2014?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

ch100 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

anonymous

So I downloaded an 8.1 ISO and reinstalled Windows on all my computers with 8.1 and I’ve always wondered what all these preinstalled updates were. Can anyone explain what they are for and why they come preinstalled?
      Thanks.

The list of updates in question.

• #128752 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

In the Microsoft Update Catalog, type in the KB number (omit “KB”), then click on the name of the update (not “download”). It will take you to a page that describes the updates.

• #128764 Reply

radosuaf
      Subscriber

Can anyone explain what they are for and why they come preinstalled?

ISO downloadable from MS site is Windows 8.1 Update 3 (as far as I remember), so it has all the updates until Nov 2014 inlcuded.

MSI H110 PC MATE * Intel Core i5-6402P * 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133 MHz * Aorus Radeon RX 570 4GB * Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD * Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD * Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD * DVD RW Lite-ON iHAS 124 * Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI * Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit
      • #128766 Reply

BobbyB
        Subscriber

I believe its with all the huge win8.1 updates installed up to and including the infamous kb3000850. A definate bonus because even installed through WUD or from the desktop it can be a pain. So basically M$ has done the “legwork” for you. arent they a nice company lol 🙂 ?

• #128864 Reply

ch100
      AskWoody_MVP

It is all good, you have downloaded the most up to date ISO “version 4”.
      If you need to know more, follow @pkcano‘s recommendations.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: What are these preinstalled 8.1 updates from November 2014?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.