News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • What is the criteria for a patch being in the Master Patch List

Home Forums AskWoody Central Getting started What is the criteria for a patch being in the Master Patch List

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        va1der
        AskWoody Plus

I am a newly subscribed member, subscribed primarily to regain access to the old Patch Release Grid spreadsheet when it stopped being distributed publicly.  Boy I loved that spreadsheet.

I have noticed, though, that so far no patch that I have search for is actually on the “Master Patch List”.  Not just brand new patches, either:

• KB4497165 – six months old
        • KB4559309 – two months old
        • KB4565633 – this month ??

What are the criteria for a patch appearing on the master list?

If a patch does not appear on the master list, is the automatic assumption that the recommendation is to defer?

• #2280710 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

The criteria for Susan’s master patch list is predominantly an indicator for small business.
        Considering that July’s patches were only released yesterday, Susan needs time to collate and study/ test them and update the spreadsheets. Please remember that we are volunteers and sometimes things take a bit longer. With regards to your last question, Susan would be the most knowledgeable person to answer your query.
        BTW, Welcome to askwoody

| Win8.1 Pro x64 | Linux Hybrids x86/x64 | Win7 Pro x86/x64 Offline |
      • #2280720 Reply
        Susan Bradley
        AskWoody MVP

I have to to better on the microcode updates.  They are so randomly distributed that it’s hard for me to keep up.  I’ll see what I can do about that.

EDGE is sooooo wacko.  I have not see it on any unmanaged PC I have so my bad in missing that one.  Thank you for reminding me.

As to this week, I’m literally still working on it.  Hang tight.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2280932 Reply
        va1der
        AskWoody Plus

Thank-you kindly for the reply.  Please know I wasn’t trying to push for faster responses, I fully understand patch tuesday must be a very busy time.  I was merely curious about what could be expected to see in the list.

And yes, Edge is wacko.  I have traditionally disabled Edge on my computers after any build update.  It looks like I will have to stop doing that, though, as the latest cumulative update (KB4565483) is now failing and it looks like my edge disabling is to blame.  Sigh.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: What is the criteria for a patch being in the Master Patch List

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.