News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • What to do when Windows can’t run EXEs

Posted on Tracey Capen Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog What to do when Windows can’t run EXEs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rc primak 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Tracey Capen
      AskWoody MVP

LANGALIST By Fred Langa Executable program files are the beating heart of Windows and most applications. So when Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 can no longer p
      [See the full post at: What to do when Windows can’t run EXEs]

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1932824 Reply

rc primak
      AskWoody_MVP

With the Chrome Browser able to download web pages as PDF files, I don’t know why anyone would use the Windows Save As PDF option, unless you’re running Edge or Internet Explorer.  Save As PDF from Chrome, followed by opening the file in Chrome, yields perfect results in my Windows 10 1809 user account. The saved file is a normal PDF file.

-- rc primak

• #1933487 Reply

bbearren
      AskWoody MVP

With the Chrome Browser able to download web pages as PDF files, I don’t know why anyone would use the Windows Save As PDF option, unless you’re running Edge or Internet Explorer. Save As PDF from Chrome, followed by opening the file in Chrome, yields perfect results in my Windows 10 1809 user account. The saved file is a normal PDF file.

I don’t use Chrome, and Firefox will do that, too.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!
      "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Jack Sparrow
      "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns
      "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #1934424 Reply

rc primak
        AskWoody_MVP

That used to require an extension in Firefox. Thanks for the update.

-- rc primak

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: What to do when Windows can’t run EXEs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.