News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • What turned on Office on the Web??

Posted on fredcm3 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2016 for PC What turned on Office on the Web??

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul T 1 month ago.

• Author

fredcm3
      AskWoody Lounger

I recently posted this:

Yesterday, I was working with Office 2016 Excel and Outlook as usual and noticed some very strange changes:

In Outlook, if I opened a message, the reply, reply all and forward selections were in a modernized symbol over on the right side.
      The delete icon next to each message was a trashcan instead of an “X”.
      In Excel, the familiar “Tell me what you want to do” was missing and I could NOT figure out how to get it back.
      Also, setting row height automatically wasn’t to be found.

Today, everything is back to normal.

What is happening here???  Seems like demons invaded!

I got an answer: I was told that I had been using Office on the Web.

The Question is:  How did I get there without doing it intentionally?  Any ideas?
      (I rather liked some of the features!  Especially the email addressee pulldowns.)

• #2005412 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

I recently posted this:

Could you please link to where you posted that? It doesn’t appear to be on AskWoody.com.

• #2005644 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Original post seems to be here.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: What turned on Office on the Web??

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.