News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Whatever happened to Clippy? (youtube video)

Posted on amraybt Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Whatever happened to Clippy? (youtube video)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OscarCP 1 year ago.

• Author

amraybt
      AskWoody Plus

Fun short ride down memory lane.

[redacted]

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #210062 Reply

BobbyB
      AskWoody Lounger

Hey thx for that “clip” it was an episode in the annuls of M$ that many either loved or loathed with a passion, unfortunately my flirtations with the “Demented clipster” via Office 97 fell in to the latter category alas. Really wasnt sad to see it go and unfortunately its often used as an object of derision these days or as a way of expressing disdain on some of the antics of software and or computer manufacturers efforts. The Register is a lover of using “Clippie” to pour scorn in its usual acerbic way on IT news, which, unfortunately, I find quite amusing. It served a purpose at the time I have to say and I could live with it for about 3 Instances of “I see your trying to type a letter” after that I simply had to disable it, sorry to say; But many thx for that “walk down Memory Lane” I may have “type a letter” now, purely for nostalgic reasons. lol 😉

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #210065 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Clippy, possibly the most gratuitous, widely unpopular and often disabled Office feature ever, might no longer be with us, but its legacy lives on: meet Son of Clippy, Windows 10!!!

4 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Whatever happened to Clippy? (youtube video)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.