News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• WhatsApp details what will happen to users who don’t agree to privacy changes

Home Forums Code Red – Security/Privacy advisories WhatsApp details what will happen to users who don’t agree to privacy changes

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

WhatsApp details what will happen to users who don’t agree to privacy changes

..If they still don’t accept the terms, “for a short time, these users will be able to receive calls and notifications, but will not be able to read or send messages from the app,” the company added in the note…

The “short time” will span a few weeks. In the note, WhatsApp linked to a newly created FAQ page that says its policy related to inactive users will apply after May 15.

WhatsApp’s policy for inactive users states that accounts are “generally deleted after 120 days of inactivity.”..

Fred
        AskWoody Plus

all the more reasons to avoid such data snoopers

~ ~ ~
          anonymous

As easy as people on this site makes it sound, however, it’s often not that simple. My workplace, for instance, uses WhatsApp extensively, so I can’t just leave. Most of my contacts use WhatsApp, and it’s going to be hard to convince *everyone* to switch. Even if I personally switched to Signal, and even if most of my friends and family switched, there would still be people in my life that would continue using WhatsApp, so I’d still have to keep both apps installed simultaneously.

The technical act of migration is not difficult. The social act is.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: WhatsApp details what will happen to users who don’t agree to privacy changes

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.