News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • When comments are only partially edited by MVPs, this should be made clear.

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge When comments are only partially edited by MVPs, this should be made clear.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul T 1 month ago.

• Author

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

In recent days, I have noticed that two of my comments had been edited by someone else, with some sentences deleted and some left in place. In both cases there was no footnote added by those who removed the sentences making clear that the comments had been edited “for content.”

Making a selective delete of a comment actually changes the full meaning and intent of the person who wrote the comment and those reading it should be made aware of this fact. It might take a little extra time to do so, but it is a necessary part of doing the job of enforcing the rules on comments and also shows due respect for both the commenter and the readers.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2088835 Reply

The Surfing Pensioner
      AskWoody Plus

If the content edit has changed the meaning but the post is still in your name, I’m pretty sure there’s a law against it.

• #2100483 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

The law is Woody’s rules, which basically say “it’s my site and I decide what appears and what doesn’t”.

The mods try to keep to the spirit of the rules and that means some posts never see the light of day and others are modified.
      If you feel the intent of your post has been changed I suggest posting an update to your post to clarify.

cheers, Paul

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: When comments are only partially edited by MVPs, this should be made clear.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.