News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • When is one ready for version 1903

Posted on Molli10 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1903 – May 2019 Update When is one ready for version 1903

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Rick Corbett 1 month ago.

• Author

Molli10
      AskWoody Plus

I’ve just been offered the next version of Windows, and it reads:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

The next version of Windows is available with new features and security  improvements. When you’re ready for the update select ‘Download and install now’.

The question is- or rather my question is: When does one know when or indeed if  one is ready for this update? Has anyone here downloaded it and actually liked it? I would be most grateful for a reply’

Molli10

• #1840822 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Here are some topics that deal with 1903:

Susan Bradley likes it.

Some of the comments are here, and here and here and here. If there is a ComputerWorld article linked to these blogposts, be sure you read it.

Also, if you click on the link for Win10 v1903 at the top of topic, you will see other topics on 1903 listed.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1840968 Reply

Molli10
      AskWoody Plus

Thank you Susan. Much appreciated.

• #1846375 Reply

Molli10
      AskWoody Plus

To add to my previous post re Windows 10 update 1903 -if I may. Following a scary experience with Windows Defender I clicked ‘Learn more’ and was confronted with: ‘Your version of Windows 10 is out of date. Download and install the latest version’ or words to that effect.  I don’t know what to do and am so non-plussed as there is a suggestion that I upgrade to windows 10 Pro.

• #1847345 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Do not upgrade to 1903 yet. There are no improvements that make it necessary.

cheers, Paul

• #1847753 Reply

Rick Corbett
      AskWoody_MVP

I don’t know what to do and am so non-plussed as there is a suggestion that I upgrade to windows 10 Pro.

Whilst I’ve upgraded to 1903 and like it, I have the ability to downgrade again by restoring a disk image if things go pear-shaped.

IMO it’s probably best for you to ignore the suggestion from Windows Defender and wait until MS offer 1903 automatically to your device via Windows Update. This will mean that, using telemetry supplied by your device, MS have concluded it’s safe to upgrade based on your hardware setup rather than you making an arbitrary decision.

As for upgrading to Pro, I would suggest waiting until your device is offered 1903 then, after using it, decide whether you need to upgrade further from Home to Pro.

Hope this helps…

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: When is one ready for version 1903

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.