Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Where is the 1809 Media Creation Tool?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1809 – September 2018 Update Where is the 1809 Media Creation Tool?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Microfix 5 days, 11 hours ago.

• Author

anonymous

Has anyone else noticed that the current version of the Media Creation Tool on Microsoft’s own site is for version 1803 after they previously released the 1809 version?

I was able to download the tool for 1809 previously and still have the executable but didn’t get around to creating a USB key.  When I run it now it reports there is a newer version and redirects to their site to download the 1803 version…

I know they recalled 1809 at one point but are they going to extend the Pro and Home support from the new release date to get a full 18 months? Or should we just wait for the Spring 1903 verison?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• #231545 Reply

PKCano
      AskWoody MVP

Microsoft has pulled the 1809 release. They advise anyone who downloaded the Media creation tool and/or the ISO to discard it. It will be reissued when 1809 is re-released.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #233042 Reply

EP
      AskWoody Lounger

the 1809 media creation tool has been re-posted on November 13

• #233055 Reply

Microfix
      AskWoody MVP

from the link in this Official MS ISO download page (above first post link), I get:
      we are sorry the page you requested cannot be found.

| W8.1 Pro x64 | Linux x64 Hybrids | W7 Pro x64 O/L | XP Pro O/L
        No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE
      • #233488 Reply

EP
        AskWoody Lounger

what web browser are you using, Microfix? (and are you trying to download either the Win10 Media Creation tool or the Win10 Update Assistant? or perhaps you are attempting to get the ISO download directly)

The Win10 ISO download page is working on my end recently. try the site again now and see if it works

• This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  EP.
        • #233491 Reply

Microfix
          AskWoody MVP

@ep using FF ESR 63.0 it’s working now thanks.

| W8.1 Pro x64 | Linux x64 Hybrids | W7 Pro x64 O/L | XP Pro O/L
            No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Where is the 1809 Media Creation Tool?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.