News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Where to get Microsoft office

Posted on Mr Stan the man Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office Where to get Microsoft office

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  joep517 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Mr Stan the man
      AskWoody Lounger

Greetings,

I have been looking to get office for my PC’s I’m not too happy with the free office programs out there that you can download, i like to stay with Microsoft products. So what I’ve seen on the internet there are a lot of sites that offer ISO but no key’s, i see Amazon offer’s download’s for office that are low prices  https://www.amazon.com/Office-Professional-2016-Lifetime-Download $8.99 and others like https://emarket-us.com/products/microsoft-office-2016-professional-plus-license-download $9.95 but I’m questioning the legal stuff and a legal key to activate. Can these places be safe to download office if I don’t want to spend hundred’s of dollars? Any feedback will be great.

Thanks

Moderator note: email address removed for security reasons.

• #1980413 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

If the prices sound too good to be true, it is most likely bogus software. Amazon doesn’t keep a very good eye on the third-party vendors.

• #1980449 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

All of the single payment non-subscription Office SKUs are licensed for one PC only. So, if you are interested in Office Pro on multiple PCs for multiple people you should consider an Office 365 Home subscription. If you have only one person on multiple devices you should consider an Office 365 Personal subscription. You can search around a little and find decent bargains on Office 365 SKUs.

--Joe

• #1980457 Reply

mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

All of the single payment non-subscription Office SKUs are licensed for one PC only.

current offerings.

I suppose it’s not impossible that someone would still have an old unopened Office 2010 multiple-PC retail box for sale somewhere.

I’d not recommend getting Office 2010 these days though, but…

Office 365 Home … Office 365 Personal

With these, do check the EULA very carefully – whichever version it is that applies in your case. There’s an interesting restriction clause in the English version that seems to have become rather stricter in at least some translations.

• #1980480 Reply

anonymous

I buy an Office 365 subscription around Christmas when MS runs a sale for about $40/year

• #1980764 Reply

Lugh
      AskWoody_MVP

I buy an Office 365 subscription around Christmas when MS runs a sale for about $40/year

That’s the single-user Personal edition, I assume?
      I top-up my 6-user Home edition via Amazon whenever the annual price drops to $79—CamelX3 alerts me. With 4-5 of us on it, that’s $16-20 per person per year.

My default attitude to $10 Office licenses is “Any reason I should trust this?”

Lugh.
      ~
      Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
      i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 1TB SSD, 256GB SSD, 4TB HD

• #1980975 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

You can extend your subscription at any time and extend it multiple times for up to 5 years.

--Joe

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Where to get Microsoft office

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.