News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Whirlpool Water Softener

Posted on MrJimPhelps Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff Whirlpool Water Softener

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MrJimPhelps 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

Where I live the water has a lot of iron in it, so we need a water softener. I have found that Whirlpool is a good brand to buy for a few reasons:

1. It is cheaper than other brands.

2. It is relatively easy to do your own repairs. There are lots of videos available on Youtube for learning how to make repairs; and parts are readily available

3. Best of all, you can call Whirlpool during normal working hours any Monday – Friday, and you will get someone on the phone who knows what they are doing and can walk you through diagnosing and fixing whatever problem your water softener may have. They will tell you exactly what part to order and how to install it.

My Whirlpool water softener is about a year out of warranty. Because I can easily fix the one I have, I chose to keep it rather than buy another one when it last went on the blink. At that time, I needed a new switch and a seal kit – water had leaked into the area where the electronic parts are. The seal kit fixed the leak, and the switch rides on the cam, letting the circuit board know the position of the cam at any moment.

One note: the cam is a metal wheel with notches on the outer edge. The cam became very corroded, so much so that I couldn’t read the alignment markings on it. At the suggestion of my father-in-law, I used vinegar to clean it. It now looks like brand new!

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Whirlpool Water Softener

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.