News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Who is the mysterious System Administrator?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Who is the mysterious System Administrator?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Rhino
        AskWoody Plus

I want to have 4 clocks for 4 time zones. Not too much to ask is it? Did a search for Desktop clocks, looked simple enough. Right click Desktop, Select Gadgets, Select Clocks. I got as far as selecting Gadgets then got a warning: “Desktop gadgets are managed by your System Administrator”. Well as I understood it I am the Administrator, but there was a link: “Why can’t I change these settings.”

So that brought up:-

“If your computer isn’t part of a network, a user with administrator privileges might have modified Group Policy on your computer to remove access to the settings. In this case, contact the administrator to modify the settings you’d like to change.”

Well there is no network, and I’m the only one around here to administer anything. So I logged in to the Uber Admin account, that’s supposed to give one Super Hero status… Isn’t it? Well it seems not.How can I get past the absurd situation and have 4 clocks?

Rhino

anonymous

Windows 7 Desktop Gadgets were disable as they became a security risk, here is a tutorial to enable them.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Who is the mysterious System Administrator?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.