News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Wi-Fi Calling Limits

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS Wi-Fi Calling Limits

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

I currently have Wi-Fi Calling enabled on my iPhone XS, Apple Watch Series 3 (LTE), iPad Pro, and iMac Pro.

Every time I startup my iPad mini, it asks me to upgrade to Wi-Fi Calling, then it says “You have reached the maximum devices limit for Wi-Fi Calling”.

I reached out to Verizon (my carrier) and asked if they have any Wi-Fi Calling limits. They stated they don’t, and Apple is responsible for all Wi-Fi Calling troubleshooting.

I reached out to Apple, and they stated Wi-Fi Calling limits are only set by the carrier, and the carrier is responsible for all Wi-Fi Calling troubleshooting beyond simply toggling Wi-Fi Calling on/off (which didn’t resolve the issue).

One of them is giving me incorrect info.

Has anyone heard where Wi-Fi Calling limits are set (carrier or Apple), and which one of them I need t0 re-reach out to for confirmation on this?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

ScotchJohn
        AskWoody Plus

Nathan – as a matter of interest – how many devices do you have enabled for WiFi calling?

Dell E5570 Latitude, Intel Core i5 6440@2.60 GHz, 8.00 GB - Win 10 Pro

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Currently four devices: iPhone XS, iMac Pro, iPad Pro, and Apple Watch Series 3 (LTE). When I add the fifth device, that’s when the error occurs.

Nathan Parker

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Wi-Fi Calling Limits

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.