News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Wifey, Search Engines, Global Warming, Woody, and Captain Morgan

Posted on Bluetrix Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Rants Wifey, Search Engines, Global Warming, Woody, and Captain Morgan

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  OscarCP 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Bluetrix
      AskWoody MVP

I was hiding in the den recently while wifey and her friends were solving the worlds problems on the patio. They had the look of satisfaction from a job well done when they left. I just smiled as I waved my goodbyes.

Some of the ladies do volunteer work, but none have a paying job. Hence the moniker “ladies of leisure” I assigned them. Wifey isn’t a lady of leisure, she’s a teacher and works hard at fighting the curriculum she is supposed to follow when teaching her kids today. I admire wifey for that.

As a general rule I pay little or no attention to their chatter when they have a get-together, they rarely have discussions of interest to me. I just put on the noise cancelling headset wifey gave me and crank up Bach. They can jump from topic to topic faster than I can switch web pages. I don’t find an excuse to enter their world even though I might want to on occasion, the intrusion may not be welcome. Besides, they have a kind of controlled confusion in their group chit-chats I would never be able to master. They are the queens of segue and circular conversations, (sometimes several at once between themselves) it works for them, but tends to befuddle me.

“You were so charming this afternoon” Wifey says. “Huh? I didn’t say a word while your friends were here.” I replied.
      Wifey pats me on the head and says, “I know.”

Be quiet I say to myself, it’s a trap!

Wifey returns later and asks, “Did you change the search thing on my browser? “I changed yours this afternoon to Ecosia,” I said. “You and your friends can now do something about global warming you talked about today, and it doesn’t cost a thing. For every 45 searches you do, Ecosia plants a tree, and trees help fight global warming. I found Ecosia while reading AskWoody. It was a one click led to another find.” For this I’m thinking I deserve a pat on the back, not my head. I get a puzzled look in return, she knows I’m not a tree hugger.

“Hmmm, isn’t Woody that guy you don’t agree with,” wifey asks?

“That’s about Chromebook” I reply, “Lets not go there.”
      Another pat on the head. “I’m going to call the girls and tell them all about it,” wifey says.

Later I get up to stretch and wifey walks in, arm extended, holding a glass. Wifey says, “Captain Morgan, a dash of seltzer water, with a lime wedge, right?”

Some of you may recall wifey isn’t keen on making me drinks, or me drinking. I ask her what mountain I moved to deserve this. She just smiled and said, “Thanks for the trees.”

I sipped my drink and thought – between her and her friends searching for shoes and stuff online, they should have a forest planted within a month. I pat myself on the back.

Ecosia

Windows10 Home 1809 | Mint19 on VM

5 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2008648 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

And they do get trees planted! Check this out, with the count of trees planted updated in real time:

https://www.ecosia.org/?c=en

And, so she knows, tell Wifey I like mine neat.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Wifey, Search Engines, Global Warming, Woody, and Captain Morgan

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.