News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win 10 1903 breaks WHS2011 Launchpad and iCloud

Posted on ScotchJohn Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1903 – May 2019 Update Win 10 1903 breaks WHS2011 Launchpad and iCloud

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joep517 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

ScotchJohn
      AskWoody Plus

I went “seeking” Win 10 1903, and had some interesting experiences.  I use Windows Home Server 2011 (yes, still!) and found that the 1903 upgrade broke the Launchpad.  Looking around for solutions, I found others who reported that, if they applied the 1903 upgrade over an installation of the WHS Launchpad, the Launchpad broke.  If they uninstalled the Launchpad before taking the 1903 upgrade, then reinstalled the Launchpad after taking the 1903 upgrade, it worked.  I was able to reproduce this exerience myself, and I share this in case any AW members still use WHS2011.

The 1903 upgrade also seems to break iCloud, as I had to sign out and sign in again, and re-import my calendar and contacts.

Dell E5570 Latitude, Intel Core i5 6440@2.60 GHz, 8.00 GB - Win 10 Pro

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1838550 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

I still use the original WHS. All the recent builds including Insider Previews before and after 1903 break the console. I just go to Programs and Features and repair the WHS console software. Just takes a minute and works every time.

--Joe

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win 10 1903 breaks WHS2011 Launchpad and iCloud

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel