News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win 10 1909 feature update

Posted on mikcooke Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EP 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

mikcooke
      AskWoody Lounger

I tried this November update not once but twice, both times with the same nasty result: goes through most of the process then freezes, never move again, sticks at 90% complete!

Fortunately both times I was able to crash out by switching off and my Acer desktop machine was dutifully and fortunately undone and restored to 1903.
      So now what? Looking at some analysis of problems, I’m told it “could be an outdated driver” problem. If so what do I use to try to rectify this, there being so many of the wretched things and over the yeas, no, decades, I’ve never had much success with driver software . . .
    • #2008130 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Is your v1903 up to date with the November patches?
      If not, try bringing it up to date.
      If that gives no success, try:
      + In an elevated command prompt run “chkdsk /f” (without the quotes), choose “y” and reboot.
      + In an elevated command prompt run “DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth”
      + In an elevated command prompt run “sfc /scannow”
      Try the update again.

If you still have no success, come back and we can try some other things.

• #2008515 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

what kind of Acer desktop computer are you using, mikcooke?
      use either HWInfo or Speccy programs to gather information about the series & model no. of the Acer computer

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win 10 1909 feature update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.