News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win 10 blurry fonts

Posted on WSaltamirano Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Win 10 blurry fonts

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wavy 6 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author

WSaltamirano
      AskWoody Lounger

Does somebody have a method that works to get rid of the fuzzy fonts in Win 10.

I have tried several methods including, Clear Type, DPI scaling, but none works.

I’m on version Win 10 version 1909, just upgrade from Win 7 and the fonts were clear and sharp with Win 7.

• #2011730 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

Have you made sure your graphics drivers are Windows 10 compatible?

• #2011760 Reply

BATcher
      AskWoody_MVP

Are you sure that your Display Resolution setting (from right click on empty part of desktop, select Display Settings) matches your monitor’s default resolution?

A non-match is the most likely reason for ‘blurry fonts’.

BATcher
      • #2011823 Reply

mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

Sort of related to the display resolution…

What kind of a connection do you have to the display? Analog VGA cabling with a high-resolution display can get “fuzzy” for all kinds of silly reasons like cable bent differently. VGA Dsub15 wasn’t designed for the signal frequencies required things like FullHD…

And after a major software change it might be pushing out a different refresh rate, which is a direct signal frequency multiplier.

Could try a different refresh rate even if it isn’t an analog cable.

• #2011924 Reply

WSaltamirano
      AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for your answers, I’m going to update my driver first and see if it

solve the problem.

• #2011955 Reply

WSaltamirano
      AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for your answers, I’m going to update my driver first and see if it

solve the problem.

Update my video driver and monitor in native resolution and it’s still blurry.

I use a VGA Dsub15 cable but it was ok with Win 7.

Many complaints about that on the web, so i’m not alone.

Conclusion: problem not fixed !!!

• #2011966 Reply

Zig
      AskWoody Plus

In some cases, blurry fonts are caused by using hardware acceleration in your display settings. My Win 10 computer (actually the video card/monitor) doesn’t allow hardware acceleration, so I can’t give you concise details where the setting is. If you have the setting , simply uncheck “use hardware acceleration.”

• #2011978 Reply

WSaltamirano
      AskWoody Lounger

I have foud it !!!

Solution: right clic on “this PC”, properties, advanced system properties (on the left side),

performances, parameters, unselect “smooth screen fonts”

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2012759 Reply

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

Makes it jaggy for me !

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win 10 blurry fonts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.