News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win 10 latest update has computer restarting after 10-30 minutes

Posted on kkruszka Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Win 10 latest update has computer restarting after 10-30 minutes

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        kkruszka
        AskWoody Lounger

My latest update (which I have now paused) has my HP restarting every 10-30 minutes–not enough time to uninstall any updates.  If I try to uninstall an update, it will still restart on its own.

I have tried to go into the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to go into Safe Mode and try uninstalling the updates this way, but still, the computer seems to have a limited time before it will restart on its own.

HELP!!!  TIA!

• #2212685 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

My latest update (which I have now paused) has my HP restarting every 10-30 minutes–not enough time to uninstall any updates.  If I try to uninstall an update, it will still restart on its own.

I have tried to go into the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to go into Safe Mode and try uninstalling the updates this way, but still, the computer seems to have a limited time before it will restart on its own.

HELP!!!  TIA!

Can you restore from restore point/full image taken before the updates ?

• #2212687 Reply
        geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

What is your operating system?

What is the update you attempted to install?

Were there any error messages at installation or reboot?

G{ot backup} TestBeta
        offline▸ Win7Pro SP1 x64 Storage
        online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.836 x64 i5-9400 RAM8GB HDD Firefox77.0 Windows{Image/Defender/Firewall}
      • #2213312 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Do you have a scheduled task running shutdown?

Win R, taskschd, Enter
        Click on “Task Scheduler Library”.
        Look at “Next Run Time”

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win 10 latest update has computer restarting after 10-30 minutes

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.