News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Win 2004 update

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        CAS
        AskWoody Plus

Yesterday I installed Win 10 2004 (OSBuild 190410746). At the same time as the upgrade, kb4598481 and kb4598242 were also installed. Today I installed the security update for Flash and the latest .Net update:kb4578968. I also uninstalled Flash using Adobe’s uninstall.

When I checked with the official update statement for this site I noticed that kb4598481, the servicing stack update, was listed. Given that the current cumulative update installed I’m assuming that the servicing stack update was included with it. When I tried to install it using MS Update Catalog I got an error message that said that the URL was unavailable. Am I OK or did I screw up someplace?

Peace,

CAS

b
        AskWoody MVP

The Servicing Stack Update has almost certainly been installed automatically with the Cumulative Update. But the only place to check is at Control Panel, Programs & Features, View installed updates (or Uninstall updates from the top of View update history) where it should be listed as a Security Update installed on yesterday’s date.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        CAS
          CAS
          AskWoody Plus

I see that kb4598481 and 4598242 were both installed. Thanks b.

Peace,

CAS

1 user thanked author for this post.
          b
        Jack Wood
        AskWoody Plus

I am also unable to install 4598242.  Notice says ‘some files are missing and we will try again’  I have tried about 5 times, and recently downloaded from the Microsoft catalog…it also failed.   Only 3 updates in January for my build, and two were already installed.  No idea what is wrong.  First time ever an update would not install correctly.

Susan Bradley
          Manager

I would try the February update.  If that doesn’t work you’ll need to do an inplace upgrade over the top.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Jack Wood
            AskWoody Plus

Susan,

Thank you for the quick reply.  Downloaded 4601319 from the catalog…it would not install either.

I am not familiar with an ‘inplace upgrade over the top’  Appreciate an explanation.

Thanks again.

Paul T
              AskWoody MVP

From the 8th Feb newsletter

Repairing Windows 10 over the top

To perform an in-place repair over the top of Windows 10…

cheers, Paul

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Paul T.
                Jack Wood
                AskWoody Plus

Paul,

Each time I attempt to install the update, my event viewer says exactly the same thing: that I have an error: wusa.exe

“C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusa.exe” “C:\Users\jcwoo\Downloads\windows10.0-kb4586876-x64-ndp48_ab1407801539dfe4af2423400875a596fc032739.msu”
                Paul T
                AskWoody MVP

You’ve left the error details out.

Is the issue only with that update or with all updates?
                If it is that update only I would ignore (hide) it, as it’s a .NET cumulative patch with no security fixes.
                Wait for the next cumulative patch.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Win 2004 update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.