Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win 7 – Sept. 2018 Security Only Update

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches Win 7 – Sept. 2018 Security Only Update

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ghot 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

ghot
      AskWoody Lounger

I just installed the Sep 2018 security only update kb4457145.  It also installed kb4457044.

Then I ran Windows updates and it found kb4457035.  Everything worked fine on Windows 7 Home Premium x64.  The ONLY issue I had was that it changed a registry setting that allowed me to have a custom image on the Windows Welcome screen.

It changed this entry (which was set at 1, to allow the image to show), back to zero.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background\OEMBackground

Other than this one issue, which was easily fixable; I’ve noticed no other problems.

I just wanted to post this in case anyone else had this issue, and because of all the zillions of Win 7 updates, this was the first time this happened.

As for this site…just keep up the good work.  There are people that appreciate you folks.  🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win 7 – Sept. 2018 Security Only Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.