News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win 7 update CD

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Win 7 update CD

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tom341 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

suvi
      AskWoody Plus

I have a dilemma. My PC is Windows 7 Home Edition. My husband died; my house sold by word of mouth; my villa hadn’t been started; I moved in with my daughter and her family. I tried everything to get my PC to talk to the Wi-Fi and enlisted the assistance of a friend who was tech support for the schools in my area. The only thing differently that she did was run my Ethernet cable directly to their Wi-Fi modum. It did not work. This was October 2017.

I now am in my villa and need to patch Win 7 so I can upgrade to Win 10. I thought I recall seeing in the past that there was a CD available somewhere on the Microsoft Windows site for updates because it was taking so long to update. If that is so, would you please direct to that place.

• #317979 Reply

anonymous

Perhaps this is the site you were referring to:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Hope this helps!

• #317992 Reply

anonymous

That page no longer recognises or validates licencekeys for win7 probably because they don’t want you to stay on win7, but the op should be able to download win10 , onto a usb stickĀ  using the media creation tool, install it, then enter their win7 product key, providing they installed the correct version it should activate

• #318016 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

There’s no reason to try patching Win 7 if you are just trying to upgrade to Win 10. Here is an article about how to do it with links in the article to get where you need to go. Hope this helps.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does šŸ™‚
      4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #318023 Reply

tom341
      AskWoody Lounger

You can download windows O/S and Office product ISO filesĀ  by browsing to this location ,downloading the iso download toolĀ  https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

Then select the windows version that matches the version that you have a licence for , and download it, then you can either burn the image to a dvd or make a bootable flash drive , but if you have a motherboard that has usb 3 you will need to inrtergrate the ubs divers into that image if you intent on installing using a usb stick or the installation will fail

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win 7 update CD

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.