News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win10 optional updates placed on hold

Posted on Tracey Capen Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Win10 optional updates placed on hold

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Tracey Capen
        AskWoody MVP

PATCH WATCH By Susan Bradley As the world hunkers down in response to the COVID crisis, so does Microsoft. On March 24, the company announced it would
        [See the full post at: Win10 optional updates placed on hold]

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2212746 Reply
        KP
        AskWoody Plus

FYI,
        Probably few of us Windows 10 1809 users left but a few other patches are showing up.

KB4494174 – 2020-01 1809 Update (dated of Mar 10, 2020)
        KB4538156 – 2020-02 Cumulative Update .NET 3.5, 4.7.2, and 4.8 (looks similar to KB4537480, also Feb 24 2020)

I am likely to install KB4494174 in the next week and will skip KB4538156.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by KP.
      • #2213542 Reply
        anonymous

Susan, I did buy two ESU licenses for two Windows 7 machines only to find out that you cannot use them on Windows 7 Home, which is what both of my machines are using. Ted was very helpful in assisting me to install them and then when I couldn’t get any security updates, he told me that it doesn’t work for the Home edition.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win10 optional updates placed on hold

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.