News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win10, Turn off ALL phone-home to MS

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Win10, Turn off ALL phone-home to MS

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

bbearren 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

fsecor
      AskWoody Plus

Does anyone have a comprehensive list or website to refer me to to setup my new W-10 machine (I waited until I couldn’t avoid it) so that I can turn off ALL switches that will allow the machine to be “silent” ???

I’m even willing to set a FW rule to block outbound connections to any MS addresses that I can’t “turn off”.

I have to replace an XP machine and Dell won’t sell me a machine with a downgrade to Win7 that I have learned, long ago, how to “shut up”.

• #315139 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

You could try Black Vipers Services configurations
      I use an small utility for W10 1803 Pro (also W8) called Windows Privacy Dashboard
      which takes care of F/W and some W10 privacy settings in an easy to use and access program. The F/W settings are updated on roughly a monthly basis due to MS updating of IP’s, be sure to check and update. The nice thing about this 3rd party app is the facility to revert to defaults using interface switches should anything go wonky (I’ve not experienced it in 2-3 months of use)

F/W settings are contained within 2 rules with multiple IP’s blocked within the scope of the rules. (see snip below)

wpd-outbound

HTH

| W8.1 Pro x64 | Linux x64 Hybrids | W7 Pro x86 | XP Pro O/L
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • #315232 Reply

bbearren
      AskWoody MVP

I use O&O ShutUp10 which works quite well, I think.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!
      "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow
      "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns

"Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win10, Turn off ALL phone-home to MS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.