Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Win7-updated to free Win10

Posted on zozenlissl Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Win7-updated to free Win10

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BobbyB 3 months ago.

• Author

zozenlissl
      AskWoody Lounger

After updating to win 10 free edition a popup Windows tells me quote: system properties creates temporary page file each and every time I start the Computer. 
      Changes in the system properties has no effect on the popup.  What to do ???

• #210449 Reply

Kirsty
      AskWoody MVP

It might help if you could tell us which version of Win10 you’ve got installed.

To find out:
      1. Go to Start, type about, and then select About your PC.
      2. Look under PC for Edition to find out which version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
      3. Look under PC for Version to find out which version of Windows 10 your PC is running.
      4. Look under PC for System type to see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #210457 Reply

BobbyB
      AskWoody Lounger

@zozenlissl here’s a link you could try: https://appuals.com/fix-windows-created-a-temporary-paging-file/ you mention you upgraded To Win10 was it from Win7 by any chance and did you have a similar problem on Win7?
      My self I normally leave Page File management alone, “Windoze” seems to do a fairly good Job, on very rare occasions I have been known to increase it for performance on some systems to 1 1/2 times the RAM i.e. 4gb ram I would Manually set the page file to 6000 or 6gb, but it doesent really boost the performance, if any so I normally let Win’s 7-10 do their own thing. Never had this fault before so let us know how you go on. Hope it helps 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Win7-updated to free Win10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.