Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 1809 – Hyper-V doesn’t work anymore on AMD X6 (VT-d)

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1809 – September 2018 Update Windows 10 1809 – Hyper-V doesn’t work anymore on AMD X6 (VT-d)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MarioV 1 week ago.

• Author

MarioV
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello,

My computer was running Window 10 1803 with Hyper-V role/function enabled/installed.
      Hyper-V was working on this computer since first W10-release. Since W10 1809 Hyper-V is NOT working anymore.

I did a clean install of 1809 on my system.
      I did enable/install Hyper-V role/function on fresh installed 1809. A reboot is needed, but Windows does NOT boot anymore.

I found out, that after disabling the “VT-d” technology in BIOS/UEFI, W10 does boot again.
      Of course Hyper-V does NOT work without VT-d and now I am [out of luck].

The problem is reproducible and well the story behind is much longer. It started by in-place upgrade to 1809 failed x-times …
      After doing some research I found out, that I am not alone with this issue.
      The relationship seems to be the CPU/Platform. My system uses AMD Phenom II X6 CPU. (870 Chipset)

I tried getting in touch with Microsoft, but ofc I was not able to pass the 1st-Level-Support barrier.
      They only tried to point me to a workaround for an other Hyper-V problem, which is out of context.
      I did a roll-back to 1803, because I need Hyper-V.

I don’t know how to get Microsoft pick-up the issue.
      Thank you

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 1809 – Hyper-V doesn’t work anymore on AMD X6 (VT-d)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.