News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 1809 WSUS issues…

Posted on zasdman Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

zasdman 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

zasdman
      AskWoody Lounger

I have been upgrading out Windows 7 Pro Machines to Windows 10 1809, fresh install. Everything has been going well until Wednesday…

On Tuesday I Installed windows 10 and connected it to our Domain and WSUS server no issues.

On Wednesday I started working on another PC (Same exact Model and everything) Using the same USB drive and image Nothing changed… Now the new Windows 10 PC’s (I have tried 2) Fail on the Registry portion of the Computer GPO’s  Error 7016.  But the User GPO’s are fine writing to the Registry….

Nothing has changed on our end

• #1653954 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Any clues in the Event Log?
      What are the user permissions on the HKLM key?

cheers, Paul

• #1656951 Reply

zasdman
      AskWoody Lounger

I think I figured out a work around, it seems the Default Domain Policy may be corrupt… if I unlink it all the other GPO settings are applied just fine, then I link it again and the Gpresult shows the registry errors again… So now I have to figure out whats wrong but at least I know where to look to fix it.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 1809 WSUS issues…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.