News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 1903 Update Error: Code 0x80070422, with error 1058

Posted on msskyhawk Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Windows 10 1903 Update Error: Code 0x80070422, with error 1058

Topic Resolution: Not Resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bbearren 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

msskyhawk
      AskWoody Plus

How To Fix Windows Update Error: Code 0x80070422, On Windows 10 Pro also when starting windows Update in Services get error 1058 also?
      I have tried all fixes I have found but nothing works also did a repair install ans still not able to get updates? Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks msskyhawk.

• #1987569 Reply

msskyhawk
      AskWoody Plus

Windows 10 Start menu problems: We’ll fix them in late October, says Microsoft

Microsoft acknowledges Start menu critical-error warnings and says the issue will be fixed later this month.

Microsoft says it will fix a lingering broken Start menu problem that’s been affecting Windows 10 users over the past few weeks.

• #1987570 Reply

msskyhawk
      AskWoody Plus

I tried the info that was sent but no luck still cannot do updates still fails?

Ron

• #1987610 Reply

jabeattyauditor
      AskWoody Lounger

0x80070422

Is the Windows Update service set to “Disabled?” If so, that’d explain both errors.

• #1993329 Reply

gborn
      AskWoody_MVP

How To Fix Windows Update Error: Code 0x80070422, On Windows 10 Pro also when starting windows Update in Services get error 1058 also?
      I have tried all fixes I have found but nothing works also did a repair install ans still not able to get updates? Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks msskyhawk.

The error stands for ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED – as the poster above wrote: Check your Update Service.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP, Microsoft Answers Community Moderator, Blogger, Book author

https://www.borncity.com/win/

• #1993332 Reply

bbearren
      AskWoody MVP

Have a read through this thread.  Sounds familiar.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes (Windows updates are system changes), in case you need to start over!
      "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Jack Sparrow
      "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns
      "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Dew

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 1903 Update Error: Code 0x80070422, with error 1058

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.