News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 2004 Slipstreaming?

Posted on Ben Myers Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update Windows 10 2004 Slipstreaming?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Ben Myers
        AskWoody Lounger

Yesterday, I created yet another Windows 10 Version 2004 x64 flash memory stick, and promptly installed it on a computer’s new SSD.  I routinely apply all updates after a fresh install, and I was surprised to find that there were only a handful of updates, none of which were of the large Patch Tuesday flavor.  The end result was a Windows 10 Home that occupied little more than 25GB, smaller than I have seen before.

The clear and obvious question is whether Microsoft is regularly refreshing the Win 10 2004 ISOs, slipstreaming in all the updates to date?  The evidence leads me to believe this, but it would be good for someone in the know at Microsoft to confirm this.  For those of us who regularly install Windows 10 on a fresh hard drive or SSD, this would be good to know.

• #2287589 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

when it comes to integrating or “slipstreaming” updates for any Win10 version, ask in the MDL (My Digital Life) forums “Windows 10” section.

the folks there are more knowledgeable about the matter than me – I was able to make updated Win10 v2004 USB install media that has the July 2020 updates for v2004 integrated.

• #2287596 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Is it REALLY worth the effort?
        Unless there are lots of installation seats involved, then probably but,
        with the timescales factored in, you’d only be pushed onto another version eventually that defeats the whole purpose of pursuing it for a couple of devices. IMO

Win8.1 Pro x64 + Linux Hybrids x86/x64 + Win7 Pro x86/64 O/L
        1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 2004 Slipstreaming?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.