News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Windows 10 apps won’t load or run (including Microsoft Store)

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Questions: Win10 » Windows 10 apps won’t load or run (including Microsoft Store)

Author
    Topic

I recovered an earlier backup of my C drive using Acronis True Image after having a problem with suddenly finding my subscribed Office 365 programmes had become unregistered and therefore limited in their functionality ((it took Acronis some 20 hours to do this).  It solved the registration problem; but now I can’t load or open any Microsoft Apps including Microsoft Store.

Shift+Enter brings up the ‘Windows 8’ start screen (see attached screen-shot) with an alphabetical list of of programs / apps on the left and a number of tiles that, with the exception of Autodeck’s ‘Sketchbook’,  previously worked but now do nothing.

Can anyone help?

Terobit Tony

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

It could be that the restore broke the shortcut (.lnk) files in the Start menu.
      Easy to test:

Win key + R to open a Run box, Enter ms-windows-store:

If that opens the MS store then the shortcuts in the Start menu are not working, but the apps are.

HTH, Dana:>>

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: Windows 10 apps won’t load or run (including Microsoft Store)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.