News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 Comic Relief

Posted on Steve S. Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff Windows 10 Comic Relief

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by

cybercrone 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Steve S.
      AskWoody Plus

And for some much-needed Windows 10 comic relief, watch this short video (in Spanish, so if you don’t speak Spanish, watch the subtitles which move quickly!). Was posted by the ever-entertaining and educating Dedoimedo (www.dedoimedo.com)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHG6fXEba0A  🙂

Win7 Pro x64 (Group B), Win10 Pro x64 1809, Linux Mint + a cat with 'tortitude'.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    • #323177 Reply

Elly
      AskWoody MVP

Worth reading the subtitles for! Thank you…

Example:
      Interviewer- Was it worth adding touch to Windows?

Microsoft UX expert and MVP Risitas- Of course. We were ruling the market, and it was getting boring…. Let’s add touch and watch the entire PC world go crazy!

The WX part on techies and tweaking was… well, still laughing!

… and we all thought it was a different kind of evil plot…

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

• #323178 Reply

Arvy
      AskWoody Lounger

“It’s like adding OCD into the system.”

If that stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, I didn’t think that was a new addition. 😀

Asus ROG Maximus XI Code board; Intel i9-9900K CPU; 32 GB DDR4-3600 RAM; Nvidia GTX1080 GPU; 2x512 GB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe; 2x2 TB Samsung 860 Pro SSDs; Windows 10.1809; Linux Mint 19.1; Terabyte Backup & Recovery
      • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by
         Arvy.
      2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #323186 Reply

Steve S.
      AskWoody Plus

After watching it, I laughed out loud… and then guffawed under my breath for the next half hour whenever it popped back into mind.  You know what they say: Nothing is really funny unless it contains a solid kernel of truth! 🙂

Win7 Pro x64 (Group B), Win10 Pro x64 1809, Linux Mint + a cat with 'tortitude'.

• #323187 Reply

Cybertooth
      AskWoody Lounger

Adding to the joke (for bilingual speakers) is that the actual dialog has nothing to do with Windows, Microsoft, or anything tech. It’s a yarn about being told to hide something away at the beach but then the tide rises and they can’t find it.

A bit more sensitive, but if you don’t mind the setting, this video about the Windows 8 UI is even funnier.  🙂

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by
         Cybertooth.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #323360 Reply

Ascaris
        AskWoody_MVP

3:45 “I hope they will learn their lesson and make the next Windows much better”

Well, so much for that!

I thought this way (as “Hitler” did) when 8 was current.  No way I was gonna touch that!

Then 10 came out, and it was so bad that 8.x looked decent by comparison.  One single free program, one I was actually using already with Windows 7, Classic Shell (a program I liked so much that I made a contribution to its dev back when it was still active), singularly made Windows 8.x usable, and a bunch of other such things polish it to a nearly Windows 7-style luster. Was this easily-avoidable (but admittedly terrible) UI really the reason that the otherwise solid, quick, stable, non-update-forcing Windows 8.x failed, and was turned into 10?

Win 8.1 ended up being my last Windows, after all that.  Then Windows 10 and its constant change for change’s sake burned out the Classic Shell dev, and a part of me wondered whether MS had intended that, since they were so adamant in insisting we were going to have tiles whether we wanted them or not.

Group "L" (KDE Neon User Edition 5.15.4 & Kubuntu 18.04).

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #323369 Reply

b
          AskWoody Plus

Then Windows 10 and its constant change for change’s sake burned out the Classic Shell dev, and a part of me wondered whether MS had intended that, since they were so adamant in insisting we were going to have tiles whether we wanted them or not.

It’s incredibly easy to remove all tiles from Windows 10 if they just annoy you. You can now remove an entire group of tiles at a time, so in about six clicks you’re done:

Remove a Group of App Tiles from Start in Windows 10

Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Sucker More intrepid Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker Saluted blockhead "Finger sharpener" (Group ASAP) WX1903

• #324780 Reply

cybercrone
      AskWoody Lounger

I’ve seen that guy before.  No one could ever forget that laugh.

Only problem with this is, not sure whether to laugh or cry

"She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
      She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."
      --Mark Twain

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 Comic Relief

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.