News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18941 (20H1) released to FAST ring

Posted on joep517 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 beta builds Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18941 (20H1) released to FAST ring

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex5723 1 month ago.

• Author

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

See Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18941 for features, fixes, and known issues.

There is a special section for those who have experienced install failures with error code c1900101 on builds 18936 or 18941.

--Joe

• #1876701 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

I started the installation at noon today. Around 3 pm I had to leave and the install was still running. It had appeared to start at “getting ready” three times. I decided to let it run while I was gone. My PC is set to never sleep when plugged in but to turn off the display after 15 minutes. When I returned about 6:30 pm the install was still running. When I go the display going the install went to the download phase then “Installing”. It finally finished successfully short before 8 pm. IMO, this is an excessive amount of time for a Win10 install.

--Joe

• #1876782 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Microsoft releases Windows 10 20H1 Build 18941, but warns the installation may fail or cause your PC to get stuck in a boot loop

A small number of Windows Insiders attempting to install Build 18936 and Build 18941 may experience install failures with error code c1900101 due to a compatibility bug with a storage driver on their device. The PC will attempt to install, fail, and successfully roll back to the currently installed build on the PC. Attempted re-tries to install the build, either manual or automatic, will not bypass this issue. A fix is forthcoming, but there are no known workarounds currently.

Note: By default, the update will attempt to install (3) times. Users may pause updates if they experience this issue and want to bypass the re-try attempts.

There are also certain rare cases in which a PC may get stuck in a “boot loop” (repeatedly rebooting over and over without getting to the OS) due to this issue. If your PC has gotten into this state — you can follow these steps to get your PC back into a working state:….

Microsoft releases Windows 10 20H1 Build 18941, but warns the installation may fail or cause your PC to get stuck in a boot loop

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18941 (20H1) released to FAST ring

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.