News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 Insider Preview build 19042.450 (20H2) released to Beta channel

Posted on joep517 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 beta builds Windows 10 Insider Preview build 19042.450 (20H2) released to Beta channel

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

See Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19042.450 (20H2) for features, fixes, and known issues.

--Joe

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2288245 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

still does not have the defrag/optimization problem fixed in 19042.450 (yes the “defrag” bug is present in both 2004 & 20H2 releases, even with KB4566782)

• #2288246 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

This was fixed in Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19551. Unfortunately, the fix has not yet made it to an official public release yet.

--Joe

• #2289486 Reply
        anonymous

Hi,

Control Panel/system has completely changed. No longer brings us to area to change local domain name.  Any idea where this functionality has gone to ?

• #2289498 Reply
          anonymous

You can still reach Advanced system settings (for Computer Name/Domain changes) via a link at the bottom of Settings, System, About.

Or you can join a domain at Settings, Account, Access work or school, Connect, Join this device to a local Active Directory domain.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          • #2289555 Reply
            anonymous

You can also still reach Control Panel, System by right-clicking on System in Control Panel and the clicking Open.

• #2289499 Reply
        doriel
        AskWoody Lounger

No longer brings us to area to change local domain name.

Did old control panel disapeared completely?

Calling all tennis fans! The Australia Open tournament has begun, and Bing wants to keep you in the loop. Check out our Australia Open feature, where you can find information for matches, draws, and top players. Find out who is rank #1, get the results from past matches, and so much more.

Yeah, thats important to implement Australia open feature, that everybody wanted!

Its not funny anymore. Today I ordered notebook for my friend with no OS, I will install Mint or Fedora for him. You lost another users, MSFT. Hope you read this. From now on, I will never buy (pay for lousy service) Windows again.

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

• #2289504 Reply
          geekdom
          AskWoody Plus

No longer brings us to area to change local domain name.

You would do well to check that assertion. My understanding is that things got changed, but this local user profile capability is still available.

G{ot backup} TestBeta
          offline▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.959 x64 i3-3220 RAM8GB HDD Firefox79.0 WindowsDefender
          online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.1082 x64 i5-9400 RAM16GB HDD Firefox81.0 WindowsDefender
          TargetReleaseVersion=1909
          WUMgr
          • #2289518 Reply
            doriel
            AskWoody Lounger

I asked a question under that quote, cause I cant check that right now.
            In the past, MSFT announced, that old control panel will disapear completely, so I wanted to know if thats the case.

Mr. Anonymous has way to join domain, there are two ways of joining domain in Windows. One through the old interface This PC -> Properities

and other via new control panel. This has been there for a while..

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by doriel.
      • #2290573 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Windows 10, version 20H2 available for commercial pre-release validation

You can access Windows 10, version 20H2 through all standard outlets, including Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and Azure Marketplace, or you can download an ISO file. If you manage updates directly from Windows Update, or have devices enrolled in the Beta Channel (previously the Slow ring) or the Release Preview Channel for validation purposes, you don’t need to take any action. Windows 10, version 20H2 will be automatically deployed to all commercial devices in the Beta and Release Preview Channels and those who have devices on Windows 10, version 2004 will get to experience the remarkably fast update that comes with moving from version 2004 to version 20H2 via an enablement package.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/windows-10-version-20h2-available-for-commercial-pre-release/ba-p/1602750

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 19042.450 (20H2) released to Beta channel

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.