News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 Insider Preview build 20180 released to DEV Channel

Posted on joep517 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 beta builds Windows 10 Insider Preview build 20180 released to DEV Channel

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

See Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180 for features, fixes, and known issues.

--Joe

• #2284044 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Installing Build 20180 – let’s see it MS fixed what they broke in Build 20175. Will report back with the results.

Note: Reading the notes on the Build I see known issue, so maybe not…..

• We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.

• #2284049 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

That has been a known issue for several releases go back to at least 19624 released May 6th.

--Joe

• #2284076 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

I don’t have a backup of 19624, but I will try 19619 from backup May 8th (if it hasn’t expired).

• #2284122 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Update: Build 19619 hangs at the same place the others hang. The above “known issue” must not apply to this situation. It has got to be something MS has changed in Build 20161 or after because I have had no problems before. And one of the things I tried was running from the Install Media (created from the 20175 ISO) using “save nothing.” That also hung in the same place.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2284142 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

The only thing I could recommend is to examine the two log files referenced in the other thread for build 20175 to see if you can identify the problem.

--Joe

• #2284207 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

I did look at those. I didn’t find anything significant.

• #2285529 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Build 20180 freezes in the same place as 20175 and the other Builds tried. Have reported it on the Feedback Hub (lotta good that does). I have not changed anything on this installation. Here’s it’s record (it doesn’t show the attempts on 20175 b/c 20180 superseded it):

Screen-Shot-2020-08-01-at-7.47.09-AM

Attachments:
    Viewing 7 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 20180 released to DEV Channel

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.