News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 Insider Preview build 20221 released to DEV Channel

Posted on joep517 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 beta builds Windows 10 Insider Preview build 20221 released to DEV Channel

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

See Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20221 for features, fixes, and known issues.

--Joe

• #2298646 Reply
        anonymous

Since upgrading to windows 20221 , I have lost ethernet connection.  I can still connect with wifi, but the ethernet is dead.  Says ethernet cable is not connected,  but it is. I switched to another cable, switched connections to another port at router- still nothing. Says that my ethernet device “is working properly” but isnt.

• #2298651 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

Try disconnecting the WiFi and see if the Ethernet picks up.

Network And Sharing Center\Adapter settings: Disable the WiFi then try disabling then reenabling the Ethernet card.

• #2298656 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

I finally got the Dev Channel Insider Builds back running.
        Had to fork up for Parallels 16 Pro instead of the Parallels Standard I had been using since I joined the Insider program in Oct, 2014. That was rather dirty of them changing things in the middle of version 15 without warning then blaming it on MS. I wasted 2 1/2 months standing on my head trying to make it work.

I went back to my original install (Build 20161 from late June) with all my settings like I wanted and upgraded to Build 20215. Just installed Build 20221.1000 without problems, although the install seemed a bit slower/longer.

• #2298659 Reply
          joep517
          AskWoody MVP

Glad to see you are back in business. I’ve seen the install times vary wildly from release to release recently. I don’t know if MS is tinkering with the installation procedures or there is some other variable that causes the changes. Mostly I don’t care about the time. I just want the update to be successful. IIRC, I’ve only had one install failure since October 2014. I had a wonky display driver fairly early on with a different PC.

--Joe

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 20221 released to DEV Channel

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.